Iowa Public Universities Application Portal Frequently Asked Questions
The FAQ for the Iowa Public Universities Application Portal.
To use the FAQ, click on the question you would like answered. The answer will display below the question (close the answer by re-clicking same question).
- Why was the Application Portal created?
- Who can use the Application Portal?
- Am I required to use the Application Portal if I am only applying to one of the Iowa Regent universities?
- If I use the Application Portal to apply for admission at more than one of the Iowa Regent universities, will I have to pay application fees to each of the universities?
- How is my application to the Iowa Regent universities processed once I answer the application questions through the Application Portal?
- What information should I have in hand before I begin my submission on the Application Portal?
- Is the user ID and password for the Application Portal the same as the user ID or password for the Iowa Regent university applications?
- We have more than one student applying from our family. Can we use the same user ID and password to submit applications for more than one student?
- How do I enter information about college credit courses into the boxes for courses taken while in high school?
For Advanced Placement (AP) or International Baccalaureate (IB) courses, enter these courses in the high school year in which you took the course(s).
For courses for which you have received (or will receive) credit directly from a community college, college, or university, enter these courses in the “College” column. Examples include college courses which are taken:
- in your high school building
- on a college campus
Do not enter the same course into both the high school and college columns. Each college credit course should be counted only one time (either for a year in high school or for college).
- The grid to enter mathematics doesn't have a 'pre-9' box for some of the higher-level math courses. What should I do if I took one or more of these courses prior to 9th grade?
- Once I have submitted the form through the Application Portal, can I change my answers (or change my term of entry) and resubmit via the portal?
- Who do I contact if I have questions about the Iowa Public Universities Application Portal?
- How do I send my information to another Iowa Regent university?